Monday, July 27, 2009

Photos of New Craft Studio!

I am finally taking the time to share some photos of my new space! It's been an incredibly busy couple of months and although we haven't completed our renos, we are at a point where we can take a break! My DH and I are in our new room, the kids each now have their own room, and, of course, the most important room in the house is completed!! Lol

This first photo is the skeleton of my craft room! I have lost some square footage compared to my old room but it is certainly nicer and much more organized!


Here is phase 2 of the renovation! The dry wall is up and the paint is on! I decided to go with pink as it is one of my FAVORITE colors and it goes with so much! I also knew that by the time I had all my stuff in there, I wouldn't be able to see much of the walls anyway! The square hole you see there will house some built in shelves...another example of utilizing every available square foot!!


Now I am finally in my room and slowly getting everything put away and organized! It will be a work in progress, but I am definitely able to work in here efficiently!! The layout of the room doesn't leave a whole lot of room for options but we've made it work. My DH made my work table with 3/4 inch piece of ply wood, painted black, folding legs and beautiful glass top. I was able to customize the size to fit my needs exactly. I needed a deep table so I could keep all my tools/inks readily available right on the table and still have plenty of room to work!


This here is the shelf unit we got from Ikea! The 16 cubby base was $169.00, wach drawer unit was $35, and the cupboards were$25...Canadian of course! The black boxes, also from Ikea, were 2 for $12...a great way to hide things away!! I am keeping my old wire racks for my 12x12 paper storage as I have not yet come up with a better system...it's not very pretty but it's certainly functional!


Not a very clear pic, but this shelf houses all my SU!, CTMH, as well as 3 of my favorite stamp companies...Hanna Stamps, My Favorite Things, and Unity! They are in wooden crates on the top shelf, marked by a fave card that I made using their respective stamps! I will eventually alter the wooden crates as well! The very top is home to sme of the very cool cards I've recieved from fellow SCSers, including the cards the CCEE made in reference to my screen name! They are not displayed very well yet but they will be!


This is the 'Die Cutting/Embossing Station'! We needed to get creative with what we put here as this is where the door to the under stair storage is. We live in a very small house and EVERY square foot needs to be utilized!! Lol!! We decided to go with a kitchen cart on wheels so that I can easily roll it out of the way when we need to get under there. It has proved to be very functional so far and the price was right too! (also from Ikea)
The set of stacked drawer bins that you see....ALL ribbon!! I couldn't believe I had that much!! If you look at my cards, you'll notice I don't use ribbon nearly enough to justify that kind of stash...lol....guess I better start!!

So that's it...so far! I still have some work to do but I was just so anxious to get creating!!
Thanks so much for stoppin' by and allowing me to share my new Happy Place with you! I would love to hear what you think!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Joycelyn so happy you are in your new room, looks great. --Happy Stampin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Joycelyn...Must be hard to leave your room now :)Happy creating..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful new space--love your choice of pink. I'm quite jealous when I see these spaces, but for now I'll save up idea. Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new room, I'm so jealous! Looks great, Happy Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you got moved in your new room. I look wonderful! So great to have your own space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! How fun a new room.... So you are up to speed with internet now... you have a cool new room... you go girlie. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!