Saturday, October 31, 2009

OCC - Vintage Baby Card

We have a Vintage challenge today over at Our Creative Corner! The wonderful Lori Rider came up with this fabulous idea for her final challenge of the month!! Thanks, Lori...your challenges were awesome!!

I don't really do a whole lot of vintage so this was definitely a challenge for me! I immediately thought of this gorgeous paper from Wild Asparagus and the Baby Stamp Set from Simply Chic (Provo Craft)!


I opted to use Groovy Guava ans Soft Suede and then sponged with Bravo Burgundy. To stamp the dress I stamped onto my versamark pad then the burgandy pad and then embossed with clear ep. I used my aquapainter and reinkers to color the dress.

The crocheted flowers I've had a looong time (I guess they're vintage too!!) and I thought they'd be perfect for this card! I had some awesome crocheted lace taht I wantdd to use too but ut just didn't fit well anywhere!!

Head on over to Our Creative Corner to see all the other clever creations from the Uber Talented DT!! If you play along be sure to post your creation usong Mr. Linky and use Keyword OCCC when uploading to SCS!

Thanks so much for poppin' by for a little Stamps 'n' Coffee!!

12 comments:

  1. This is so very sweet! I adore the way you colored the dress and the pearls are a perfect touch!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love the guava and suede together, and your images and paper are so perfect. The crocheted flowers are just the right touch - beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous vintage card there, Jocelyn!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love that dress and the crocheted flowers! Great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Moly Girlfriend!!! This is Stunning!!! Love everything about it!! You are soooo talented!!
    Thanks so much on the sweet Congrats on my stamp line!!! It sure is exciting!!!

    Big HUGS~ LORi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely in love with this card! You would never know you aren't a vintage expert. Everything about it works perfectly together. I love the color scheme and that baby dress is just the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is breathtaking! I love everything about this card!!!!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is outstanding!! I love what you did on this card.... it's good to push thru and do something different -- you rocked this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWW - what a sweet baby vintage card!!! Perfectly done!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious card Joyclyn! I LOVE the wonderful layout and creative design using this adorable image! Have a fun week! Hugs, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Youv'e been cased! Joycelyn this card is too stink'n cute, and I couldn't wait to get the stamp set and make this little card. Thank you for the inspiration - your work is amazing!
    You can see my card here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!