Saturday, October 24, 2009

OCC - A Psycho Inspiration!

This week on Our Creative Corner, Lori Rider has challenged us to make a card inspired by a favorite horror or Halloween movie/story/book!

Well I started out by trying to think of a movie/book first but I just couldn't see how to put it onto a card! So then I decided to reverse my thinking and take a look at my stamps to see if any of them reminded me of a book or movie! I picked up this Haunted House stamp from SU! and was immediately reminded of the movie Psycho!

So then I wanted to make it obvious which movie was the inspiration for this card and thought a famous quote from the movie would do the trick!! I Googled it and theis is what I found!



I have to admit that this may very well be one of my FAVE Halloween cards ever!!! I really love the color I achieved by sponging Really Rust on Summer Sun Paper. The house is stamped in Black Craft Ink and embossed with Clear powder. I used sponges to create the bg! The black back panel is embossed with a Sizzix embossing Folder!


We would love to see what scary book or movie inspires you so be sure to link your creation back to Our Creative Corner using Mr.Linky and if you upload to SCS, use Keyword OCCC!
Thanks so much for stoppin' in for a little Stamps 'n' Coffee

9 comments:

  1. Super card! Great take on the challenge this week!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike!! I love the colors you chose to do the background with! Very pretty! I esp love the quote...just perfect!

    hugs, MELISSA lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rocked this challenge!!! This house image is perfect for the *Psycho* movie...fabulous card - Joycelyn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Joycelyn! Love the sponging and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Joycelyn, Psycho was one of the first scary movies I saw! You rocked the challenge!


    Have a fun weekend, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this and esp the sentiment!! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is fabulous! I love how you came to make it - great idea to work in reverse. The haunted house looks awesome the way you did it and I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!