Saturday, May 8, 2010

OCC - Anniversary Celebrations

You just have to check out the SUPER fun challenge that Loretta Lock has for us over at Our Creative Corner!!! I found this soooo interesting!! She had making anniversary cards inspired by the 'traditional gift' of the year you're celebrating!

I decided to go with the 20 Year Anniversary which is traditionally China! Well, I don't actually have any china to use on a card so I improvised and went with an oriental theme....that's close right??
I chose the 20 Year Anniversary as I *think* that it will be 20 years for my Mom and Step-Dad this month!!

Once again, I went with a kraft and black color combo and used my latest, greatest and favorit-est tool...the Butterflies embosslit from SU!! THe sentiment and matching Asian character are from CTMH's Kanji Phrases.

So if you're interested in playing along, you can check out this site here to find out all the different traditional gifts for each year and then link your creation back to the OCC Blog using Mr. Linky!! Use Keyword OCCC if uploading to SCS!!

Thanks for stoppin' by and if you're interested in having a peek at my wedding....just scroll down a little!!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your marriage, Jocelyn!! I had to scroll down immediately to see the pics. You all look so happy!

    Your card is just gorgeous. The black & kraft make such a powerful combo. Love your two-toned butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Jocelyn!!! I think you did a brilliant job with your theme. CONGRATULATIONS, btw for your Las Vegas excursion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty and I love how you layered the butterflies.... I also think that Congratulations are in order for tying the knot!
    Woohoo! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joycelyn, I really love the color combination. It's so striking. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE the 'China' theme, very pretty!! Congrats on your wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh, I LOVE this idea for China, how cool! Off to sneak a peak at the wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, really reminds me of a Japanese woodcut...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!