Saturday, April 25, 2009

OCC Challenge ~ My Favorite Color Combo

Happy Saturday everyone! It's time for another challenge from the OCC ladies and this week Silke is asking us to make a card using our FAVORITE color combination! When I saw this challenge I thought 'well that'll be an easy one'...sure...if you only have one or two favorite color combos!! I have many, many different favorites so I just had to let this one sort of happen! I had been playing with the Sweet Slumber dp so I'm guessing that is how I ended up choosing this combo that I love! I've always loved red and yelow together, but I particularly adore these shades! (So Saffron, Riding Hood Red)



I started out by choosing the stamps I wanted to play with...Thoughts and Prayers is one of my fave newer set but hasn't seen near enough ink. I opted to color the image and decided that yellow and red flowers were what I wanted and the winning color combo was born! I really wanted more ribbon on here but had a tough time placing it so ended up with just a little So Saffron under the main circle panel! I think the rest is pretty self-explanitory so I won't bore you with any more details! I would like to share with you some of my other
FAVORITE COLOR COMBOS:
~black and red with a splash of a brighter color like red or pink or teal
~pink and brown
~blues and greens
~brown and blue
~bright pinks, greens, and turquoise
~orange and pink
...just to name a few...

If you would like to showcase your favorite combination of colors, head on over to Our Creative Corner to get all the info, including the Stamp Sets that Julie Betemps from Little Paper Shop will be giving away to the lucky winner this week! You'll also get to see what gorgeous creations all the other OCC girls came up with!
Thanks for stoppin' by for a little Stamps 'n' Coffee! I always love to hear your comments if you have the time! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the Challenge Joycelyn, those are all great color combos. Have an awesome week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joycelyn! This is SO pretty! Such an elegant elegant card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Beautiful Color Combo!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joycelyn :) I just LOVE your card! This set is coming Monday and I can't wait! LOVE the pretty colors and beautiful layout.

    Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jennifer

    PS I LOVE your music on your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Such a beautiful color combination. I love all colors and all combos, but I don't know that I have ever used these together. Will have to remember them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!