Saturday, January 29, 2011

C4C72 Sassy and Shabby Chic!

Happy Saturday!
The wonderfully talented Maria Bell has one more awesome challenge for us before her month as the Crazy 4 Challenges hostess is up, and this week she has doing a 'vintage style' or 'shabby chic' kind of card or project!! I love this kind of challenge because it is not a style I usually use, yet I LOVE it!!

*Funny Story*
So I actually made this card a while back BEFORE I contacted the artist of the fabulous and sassy Stella, Jodie Mackerell, to ask whether Stella's mouth is OPEN or CLOSED! Now as some of you may know, my stamp company, Totally Stampalicious turns Jodie's Bugaboo Digi's into 'rubbah' (clear stamps actually but you know what I mean!) Well all this time, I thought Stella's mouth was open!! I even argued with my partner/co-owner Becky about this! Well as it turns out...SHE was RIGHT...Stella's mouth is CLOSED (as confirmed by her creator, Jodie)! I have since started coloring her in the way she was intended to be...but here is one last card...
*sigh* There you have it folks...publicly announcing to the world, well blog land anyways, that I was WRONG!


Thanks for taking the time to stop in for a little Stamps 'n' Coffee!!

17 comments:

  1. Oh how fun Joycelyn!! I just love that sentiment with the image!! Awesome layout and design!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL this is great!!!! Just love that image and sentiment! Brilliant! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, this sentiment is "killing" me, Joycelyn! Reminds me of 'Arsenic and Old Lace", LOL! Love this card, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute! Love the sentiment, and your card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL..seems to me, you two were arguing about that in Jasper last year! LOL...but, good to know, because I TOO, have been coloring her with her mouth open!!! LOL...

    Beautiful card girlie! WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe, BIG smile I love, love, love the funny image!!!!!! Great job Joycelyn...HUGS and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm. . .her mouth in your other cards look like her mouth supposed to be open, like she's saying something but it looks closed also if you color her lips so I think it can go both ways!! Your card is a cutie Joycelyn! I'm glad the challenge is something that you don't normally do because then it becomes a real challenge. . .:) Love your vintage/shabby chic card! The lace trimming and flower is gorgeous!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol...that is creative license....same as someone gave Gus a mustache and it looked fab...somehow I think Stella must have a hard time keeping her mouth shut...she is a sassy brawd......however.....I just love your card...great dp....wonderful lace....fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee hee tooooo FUNNY!!! FABULOUS work!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LMAO!!! OMG Joycelyn, I thought you gave her a mustache!!!! My daughter is looking at me like I'm losing my mind because I am laughing so hard at your card and explanation!!!! I will never look at Stella the same!!! LMAO!!!!!! BTW, your card is just darling, mustache and all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Joycelyn LOVE your funny story! I love a card with a sense of humor and Stella never disappoints. I'm glad you put the mystery to rest here though...I'm sure you're not the only one that thought her mouth might have been open. Your card is GORGEOUS! I love the lace, beautiful colors and sponging! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you can publically admit that you were wrong..I do it all the time!! Ain't no shame in my game!! LOVE her!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hee hee She cracks me up, great warm colors. And WHAT... her mouth is closed, I thought it was open also. Shows what I know. Man... I have colored it wrong also. bawhahah

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are one of my favorite people to scraplift ideas from. I am choosing you to share this Stylish Blog award with. Check out my blog at: http://bankingoncrafts.blogspot.com/ to see what you have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL Now I wouldn't of guessed her for shabby and chic but this is cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You must reduce or prevent through the use of the acne killer?
    If there are no blocked pores, which may cause social problems, albinos also have various impairments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!